cannot restore a outlook 2002 data file saved on a flash d…

Customer Question
cannot restore a outlook 2002...
cannot restore a outlook 2002 data file saved on a flash drive
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: bineesh, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist

Thanks for using Just Answer..

Please follow the steps to back up the pst file from outlook 2002.

1. If the .pst file that you want to import is stored on a removable device, such as a floppy disk, a portable hard disk drive, a CD-ROM, a magnetic tape cassette, or any other storage medium, insert or connect the storage device, and then copy the .pst file to the hard disk drive of the computer.

When you copy the .pst file, make sure that the Read-Only attribute is not selected. If this attribute is selected, you might receive the following error message:The specified device, file, or path could not be accessed. It may have been deleted, it may be in use, you may be experiencing network problems, or you may not have sufficient permission to access it. Close any application using this file and try again.If you receive this error message, clear the Read-Only attribute, and then copy the file again.
  2. Open Outlook.
  3. On the File menu, click Import And Export. If the command is not available, rest the pointer over the chevrons at the bottom of the menu, and then click Import and Export.
  4. Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
  5. Click Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.
  6. Type the path and the name of the .pst file that you want to import, and then click Next.
  7. Select the folder that you want to import. To import everything in the .pst file, select the top of the hierarchy.
  8. Click Finish.
Also check this article more clarification ..

LINK

If this helpful please click ACCEPT only then get paid for my time ...POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS is highly appreciated

bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist

I followed your procedure and i got to finished window and now i do not see the contacts in outlook.

Let me know are you able to took the backup of .pst file.

Hi I got to display my contacts but i cannot display the appointments , birthdays that existed in calendar. When I click on calendar i get a calendar for the current day in yellow. Where is the old calendar with my list of appointments etc.

Yes i can look at my backup file. Also i restore the contacts but my calendar is not there. I did notive the deleted items contains all of my varos appointments e.g. birhdays, dental apointment etc
For the calender there will be separate files has to backup from the outlook folder..

In PST file it wont be there..

Please check here..

LINK

When i display my contacts i display al the information and wheni go to tools address book and try to change the display idata i get the following message

---------------------------
Microsoft Outlook
---------------------------
The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

I think tha tthe sevice i receided from you is very poor. I answered you requests and have not heard from you for over 2 days. I feel I should not be charged for this service since poor so consequently I have no intention of pay for charge.

John J Doonan

Hi Sir..

Sorry for the delay ..

If you only backed up the PST file ..you cant get the Calender...

For the calender and appointments please check this ..please check this will come to know how can copy calender and appointments ..

LINK