why does the poker game not connect I have java enabled, and…

Customer Question
why does the poker game...
why does the poker game not connect? I have java enabled, and adobe flash player.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: jaimzness, Web Developer/Database Designer replied 8 years ago
jaimzness
jaimzness, Web Developer/Database Designer
Hi!

It sounds like you are sure that Java is installed and working.

The problem is that the AOL browser is not fully Java compliant. You will get more consistent performance by switching to a different browser. I recommend using FireFox. You can download it from:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

You can also use Internet Explorer, but it can also be finicky at times. The advantage is that it is probably already on your machine. Opera is good too. Both Opera and FireFox are free, and neither is a big download (about 8MB for FireFox).

AOL has a help page for Internet Explorer that describes how to verify that it is properly installed and working. You might want to take a look at it:

http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=218633

Let me know how that works for you.