Just set-up Vonage system yesterday. Have dial tone and can…

Customer Question
Just set-up Vonage system yesterday...
Just set-up Vonage system yesterday. Have dial tone and can call out but can not recieve inbound calls. Have Linkys Router Model WRT54 V8. Tel # XXXXX

Correction: Linkys Router Model WRT54G V8
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: James, Sr. Computer Support Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Chat Conversation Started
James :

James :

Connect the vonage to the modem (to the globe port), and from the vonage, connect to your router.

James :

vonage computer port to router's Internet port.

James :

this way the vonage device will be BEFORE the router.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

I figured out what was wrong before your answer arrived. Actually what was wrong is that Comcast had not yet transferred the number to Vonage. Apparently that does not happen all that quickly.

Thanks

Glad things worked for you!