did what you said, read everything, but dont see where I actually…

Customer Question
did what you said, read...
did what you said, read everything, but don't see where I actually sign up!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Christopher Bessler, Director of Computer Engineering replied 8 years ago
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Director of Computer Engineering
I will be happy to try assisting you. I read through your other question string, but I need to know a couple of things.

What exactly are you trying to sign up for?
Are you trying to get into an old hotmail account?

Let me know and I will direct you.

Once again, when I moved to MI, I singned up with Charter for me internet services. When I turned it on, MSN came on, so I used it since moving in Nov. Last night I tried to send emails with pics to friends, and my old server came up. BSCN.com. After calling Chater, who said they couldn't help me and why didn't I use Charters email? Said I didn't see it. They told me to call MSN, which I did, was told they could only help me on their website. Then called BSCN, they took me thru tools, etc, and they were still there. Showed me how to delete it, which I did. Went back to MSN live to send my emails and got a message that I was not on the system! Don't know how I used it all these months. Then asked me about POP3, SMPT what browser I was using...... I'm not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to computers, so I asked you what to do. Got a message stating to follow the directions, there would be no problem. Still couldn't find anywhere to actually sign up. Wrote to you again, waited 15 minutes the first time for an answer, your answer was you needed more info. Wrote again, waited quite a while, got a message stating you would email me. Two hours and $38. (which I greatly resent paying at this point, )shut the system down. What more do you need from me? and, lastly, how could I use MSN live if I wasn't set up? Speak to me in one sylable words, and maybe we can resolve the problem.
OK, so to resolve your problem, I need to know a few things.

It sounds like you have 3 active email accounts, any of which could be used. I just need to know which one you WANT to use, and we can focus on getting that one configured properly.

Also, would you like to be using email through your browser (internet explorer) or would you rather use a different program such as Outlook or Thunderbird?

Let me know...
Hope you're not charging me the $38, still not working right. Tried to send email w/pics, a screen popped up stating incoming server is pop.live.com. asked me about outgoing server. I put in smpt. Tried to send pic's to two people, they didn't receive as of yet and it's not showing in my sent mail. Can you explain??? Not in technical language please!
Well, it will be hard to explain without using SOME technical language, as it is a technical problem.

And I am not charging you anything, because I haven't done anything yet.

What I asked a couple days ago was for your preference. Which email account do you WANT to use?

And when it is looking for an outgoing mail server, it is looking for the whole server address. That is why I asked you which account you want to use, because each mail service uses their own server, and they all have unique names.

So tell me which one you would like to use, and we can go form there.
I really like MSN live, would like to stay there.
OK, great. Now tell me how you want to access your email.

Do you want to use Outlook Express? Outlook? Thunderbird? Would you rather be going through the web browser?

Let me know...
Here we go again, showing my stupidity...... I want to hit on msn, hotmail is there, hit on that and be ready to go. Is that outlook?
Where do you want to hit on MSN? In the Messenger program? In the Web?

You would know if it were Outlook, because you would have to open it individually.

This is 100% your preference. We can work within the website, or you can download/configure an email client like Outlook Express, Windows LIve Mail, or Thunderbird. Each one of them are pretty cool. But lots of people prefer the website due to universal availability.

Let me know...
When I turn on my computer, hit on internet explorer browser, msn automatically comes up. I can then hit on hotmail to send emails and photos. By the way, yesterday I sent an email with pics with no probs. The screen that had been popping up with the POP3 and asking for outgoing SMPT has not appeared. Perhaps we're fixed??????
It's possible that it performed an auto-import with an update and was able to rectify the POP server issue you were experiencing.

Please let me know if it pops up again. Send a few test emails. Ten or twelve, just to make sure. Some with attachments, some without.

If the problem persists, let me know and we will troubleshoot. Otherwise, I'd say it is resolved.

_______________________________________________________________________
Thank you for your question. If my answer helped at all, please accept. Positive feedback and/or a bonus is always greatly appreciated!