your answer I could opem internet conection in the safe m…

Customer Question
your answer I could opem...
your answer I could opem internet conection in the safe mode
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

you probably wont be able to get on the interrnet in safe mode. safe mode with networking might do it

what was the original problem

using start with internet did not work. i tried the various option and none of them worked.

no rush on an answer since it will be tommorrow before i am back online.

it should not be that slow. especially if you just did a reinstall of the operating system. have you rebooted your routern and modem ?

i assume the ie 7 came with the operating system ?

try going to control panel add remove componants on the left should be add remove windows componants try to reinstall the ie 7

if you can get the ie 7 going at all on the tools or files menu should be windows update

you can download the ie8 there along with all patches.

you might want to just do the entire recovery process again. it doesnt sound like it worked that well. make sure that you do a clean install. choose the option to format the disk before installing.

I do not understand the last answer. Lets get back to the original problem. Lets get back to the original problem. When I attempt to load IE8 the following message appears" set up cannot continue because one or more updates required to install windows internet explorer are not present. Double-click the "internet explorer troubleshooting" shortct on your desktop to install them separately and then reinstall windows internet explored 8"

This did not work that why I contacted you.

I got the following message while trying to sign up with microsoft."internet explorer cannot open the interney site https://accountservices.msn.com/uriesetpw.srf?mkt=EN-US&lc-1033&id=260518.

operation aborted

this may be helpful ?.

go to tools section of your internet explorer and select windows update

install all of the updates there. that is what is missing and not allowing you to install the ie 8

in fact ie 8 will probably be one of those updates

been there done that

try a newer version of msi the windows installer package

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5a58b56f-60b6-4412-95b9-54d056d6f9f4

you can also try the installer cleanup utility to get rid of old installations

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301