How can I get on the internet with my laptop when my mobile…

Customer Question
How can I get on...
How can I get on the internet with my laptop when my mobile coverage is not very good
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

Please inform me:

How do you go online?
Do you connect your mobile with your laptop and go online?

The question was not for me but for a friend who cant get on the internet because her mobile reception is not reliable .She usualy pluged a gadget (about 4 inches long by 1 inch wide and about1/2 inch thick) on the side of her laptop which from a different location enabled her to get on to the internet But since she moved to Billingshurst in Sussex the reception for her mobile is not very good and she says she cant get on to the internet anymore.

Is it possible to some how boost the My3 mobile signal?

So that she could again go on the internet?

Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

As the other expert is offline I will try to help you.First of all you can not boost the signal of a mobile device as this is completely depend on the service provider and their tower locations from which they provide the signal to the mobile devices if you want a better reception it will be better to buy a internet dongle from a service provider whose signal is better in your area.If you wish I can help you to find it for you.
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
How do I find a dongle that will enable my friend in Billingshurst West Sussex to get on to the Internet?
You can get mobile borandband dongle from Vodafone they have 3G service available for fast internet you can get it from the link below.........

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=templateBlank&pageID=MI_8001