I can not get my laptop in my Network Magic network to print…

Customer Question
I can not get my...
I can not get my laptop in my Network Magic network to print from the printer thats hooked up to the desktop.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited replied 8 years ago
Justin
Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited
Greetings.

Please tell me the Operating system of both machines (desktop and laptop).

Also, are you getting any error messages when printing, or is nothing happening?

Windows 7 on my laptop and Windows ZXP on the Desktop that computer is connected to.

Yes I got error messages

Please tell me the error messages.

Also, please note, I know how to create the printer link manually without network magic but I'm downloading it now to see what you're seeing. If you're comfortable with making the link manually without the network magic software we can go that route. If you'd prefer the network magic software I'll give that a shot as well.

Do you have any virus protection or firewalls on either computer?

Is your windows 7 machine 32-bit or 64-bit.

And what's the model/make of your printer.

Do you have any virus protection or firewalls on either computer? yes

Is your windows 7 machine 32-bit or 64-bit. 64

And what's the model/make of your printer. HP Deskjet F4480

Please tell me the virus scanner and/or firewall on the Windows XP machine that is hosting the printer.

Confirm sharing on the windows XP machine, in control panel/printers. Right click the printer for properties. Under sharing it will say "share this printer enabled and a name for it."

Please post the share name here.

Go here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3742086#N703

Download the basic driver for Windows 7 for the printer. This needs to be installed before even trying to connect to the printer as the drivers that the Windows XP machine will have to "give out" will not work for Windows 7.

Also, still waiting on what the exact error is as posted. Thank you

HPDeskjetF44

CA internet security

The error message that i get says " Line: 2032

Char: 1

Error: Unspecified Error

Code:0

URL: res://DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

Its likely a firewall issue, very likely that removing both virus/firewall protection will resolve the issue but its of course not a fix. I don't have the time however to walk you through all of that and I'm not familiar enough with Network Magic to do it in a timely fashion regardless.

So I will opt out and let another expert continue with you.
ok

No one has responded back so I guess we have wasted our time. Please do not charge me as I still have this Network magic issue

WMD