removing temporary files deep in computer

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Hunter Owens, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Hunter Owens
Hunter Owens, Computer Support Specialist

It will be my pleasure to assist you with your computer today. CCleaner is a free program that will allow you to delete your temporary system files. Click here to download it. After the download is complete, follow the on-screen installation instructions, select the broom Cleaner icon, and then click the Run Cleaner button.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Hunter O.

I tried a straight reply to your e-mail. You did not say anything about the deep files: i've paid you for the advice but this was simply a free download. I got rid of a lot of files but the computer (compaq laptop using XP) is quite old. How can I be sure that all the rubbish has gone?

Nick

Using an automated program such as CCleaner as a simpler, faster, and more effective way to clean your computer than cleaning every folder manually.

What files are you specifically referring to when you say deep files? CCleaner removes unnecessary Windows temporary and log files. When the cleaning process is complete, it should give you a summary of what was removed and how many megabytes of data were removed. You can always try running the scan again to ensure that everything is cleared.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Hunter O.