People from my address book are receiving emails from me that…

Customer Question
People from my address book...
People from my address book are receiving emails from me that I am not sending . Why is this happening? How do I stop it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Networking101, Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Networking101
Networking101, Information Systems Manager

the main reason that causes people in your address book to get emails from you without you sending them is caused by a e-mail worm infection.

If you are running an anti-virus program, I suggest doing a thorough scan and deleting or quarantine anything it finds as a threat.

Also, I would run "housecall"...it's a free download from trend micro and does great at finding malware on a system and getting rid of it. The emails will continue until the virus is found and gotten rid of...

The link to housecall is:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/?WT.seg_2=2009HP_housecall7_1&cm_re=Accordion-_-Consumer-_-HouseCall71