I have a gateway computer it broke down for the last time…

Customer Question
I have a gateway computer...
I have a gateway computer it broke down for the last time so i put the gateway disk in it and with the help of at & t I can use it but I have to be plugged into my modem that takes care of the tv and my computer. I need the driver for this computer in order to get the internet without the pluggs. Can you help me?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Anthony Brewster, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant
Hello, are you running Windows XP?
no windows vista

Thanks! What is the model/series of your gateway?

Example: Gateway DX4200-09 (Desktop)
Example: Gateway NV5814u (Laptop)

OR, what is the Serial No.?

model number mx8738 not sure this is the serial number T2376M004323

Thanks! Please download the most up-2-date drivers from Gateway. Here is the direct link.

http://support.gateway.com/s//Mobile/2007/SonicC/1014556R/1014556Rnv.shtml

I think the driver you are wanting is for your Wireless Internet. You need to download the Realtek Wireless Driver. You will find this listed only under Network Downloads. After you download and install that, please restart the computer and your wireless internet should be working again for you.

Gateway: 1-800-395-3817

BEST OF LUCK!
GOD BLESS!

:)

where do i find this realtek wireless driver on my computer

You have to download and install it first from the link I sent you.

:)

how much will this cost and do you walk me thru it

This will only cost what you agreed to pay which is $14.00. You can ask me as many questions as you need to.

Here is what you need to do.

1) Download Driver - http://tinyurl.com/5em2f9

2) Click Save

3) Click Save again

4) Click Run

5) Click Run again

Now, the files are been added to your computer to start the installation process.

1) Click Start

2) Click Computer

3) Open your C Drive

4) Open your cabs folder

5) Open your D20070-002-001 folder

6) Double-Click on Setup and Install this driver

After you have successfully installed this driver, restart the computer and your wireless internet should be able to detect your wireless router if you have one. All you have to do is connect it and your all set!

GOOD LUCK!

will u stay with me while i try this

Yup, i'll be right here all day long!

:)