Can you help me with a question I have concerning my Toshiba…

Customer Question
Can you help me with...
Can you help me with a question I have concerning my Toshiba Satellite Laptop? Is there a charge for this service?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: LeGin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
LeGin
LeGin, Computer Hardware Engineer

You can do it for sure, let me now what is the model no# XXXXX the laptop?

Do you have monitor, what the make and model no# XXXXX the monitor?

There will be no extra apart from the which you deposited.

Thanks

Satellite Model PSM43U-01700P
Monitor Dell REV A02
LeGin,

Am I still waiting for your response?
Tech Support Specialist: DRobertson, Consultant / Technician replied 8 years ago
DRobertson
DRobertson, Consultant / Technician

Hi and thanks for writing us here at JustAnswer.com. Please know that to resolve your question may take some back and forth questions and answers. Help us to help you! We are here to help and will do our best to resolve your issue; we are not here to just make money. Also note that we do NOT work for any company and in no way represent them on their products and/or services.

I looked up the info for your unit and found that yes, you can hook up the external monitor. On your unit, look for a port that should look like below:

graphic

The cable from the monitor will hook into this port.

The end of the monitor cable should look like this:

graphic

Once plugged into each other, turn on the monitor and then the laptop. Once the laptop boots up, you can have the laptop - if it does not do this on it's own - switch to the external monitor by holding down the Fn key and tapping on the F5. You may have to tap a couple of times to get display. Do not tap fast - be sure to give it a second or so to switch over.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this. I am always happy to help!

To be honest, I had tried all of your suggestions before contacting your company. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong but your suggestions confirm that I have been doing it right. I decided to contact JustAnswer.com in case there was an alternate solution.

Although I appreciate your time, my situation is still unresolved. I even called Toshiba tech support and they confirmed the steps taken: hook up monitor, turn it on, boot up computer, tap Fn F5, wait for screen to show laptop's desktop. Any other thoughts?
Right off hand, I cannot think of anything else, so I will opt out, so maybe another Expert has an idea to share on this.
Ok, thanks.
Hope this monitor is a working one.
If yes then you are doing everything correct to connect an external monitor the video card seems to be the problem here.

Thanks
Sorry, but the info you gave me I already had. I don't feel I was helped so I would like my deposit back.

Larry salk
The best way to check is you try connect it to another Monitor.
If you face the same problem there, then it is sure it is the Video card.
LeGin
LeGin, Computer Hardware Engineer