My Hotmail account, [email protected], has been hacked.

Customer Question
My Hotmail account,[email protected], has been...
My Hotmail account,[email protected], has been hacked. I cannot access it either to chnage the password XXXXX to the close the account.

Help urgently needed.

I would prefer a complete closure
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Hi there,

I think you already tried to reset the password XXXXX the Forgot your password link as follows

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

If the above failed to resolve the issue, the next step will be to use the Windows Live ID Validation page, at the following link

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlidvalidation&ct=eformcs&scrx=1

Please provide as much details as you can to prove your identity.

If they can verify your identity, the password XXXXX be reset
you do not need to be 100% correct with the information(it is not always possible to do so).
But try to provide as accurately as you can.

The password XXXXX will depend upon the accuracy of information you provide.

(if you are absolutely unsure about one specific information, skip that field.

First try to fill up the fields with a * very carefully.

After that, provide the other informations. There are some information about you which you can provide correctly and others can not,
While resetting the password, Hotmail looks for such information. If you filled the form correctly, there should not be any problem.

Please note that it may take upto 24 hours. The password XXXXX be sent to the alternate email provided by you

Please let me know if you need more information on this.

Thanks
Have already tried your suggestions - they do not work. I cannot log in as the hacker? has blocked my password.

use the Windows Live ID Validation page, at the following link

Thanks