I have an emachines M5405. When I turn it on, I get the

Customer Question
I have an emachines M5405. When...
I have an emachines M5405.

When I turn it on, I get the message "reteieving windows". After many hours, doesn't succeed.I do NOT have any recovery discs. Can you help?

Thank you.

Chuck Prough
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there Chuck, and welcome to JustAnswer

Can you please do the following.

When you turn the computer on, keep pressing F8 until a menu appears.

From the menu choose "last known good configuration"

Follow the process and windows should then load.

Please let me know if you continue to have difficulties

Pressing F8 does nothing. I can get to the BIOS setup utility screen. I can move around in it. I do not know how to make changes.
Relist: Incomplete answer.

Hi there and sorry for the delay

Can you go to the DOS page again with the application disk you used.

When you are there type in

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter.

You can then do a restore, please choose a date before this problem started occuring

If you need any information, or have difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact me