How do I connect an Inspiranan 531 with an HP seckjet 960C…

Customer Question
How do I connect an...
How do I connect an Inspiranan 531 with an HP seckjet 960C? thanks Harry
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Anthony Brewster, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant
Hello, are you tring to hook this up using the USB Ports or do you just need the drivers/software for it?
I used USB Port that is in front of the tower
Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant
HP informs me that the printer is obsolete. Can I still use it?

You should be able to.

1) Hook up the printer via USB Cable

---------------------------------------------------SETUP--------------------------------------------------------

HP says the driver comes pre-loaded into Vista already. So after you connect the USB Cable windows should install the driver for you.

However, I would go to the Windows XP Drivers and download and install the HP Deskjet Full Feature Software/Driver and if it takes it, then you should be just fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you still have issues with it since there really is no driver out for Vista/7 even though HP does list it on there side, if you get another printer, get it from ebay you can find great deals. I just got mom the newest Dell V715w Printer and we love it. Not only can we print better pictures but the ink holds more as well. The black does good also and I gave about $160.00 for it but that was directly from dell.

:)