Recently my CPU on my old computer went out so I replaced it…

Customer Question
Recently my CPU on my...
Recently my CPU on my old computer went out so I replaced it with a new Samsung laptop. I had asked the store where I bought the laptop to transfer all my files from my old computer to the new one. Problem is I was running Windows XP on my old computer and the new one comes with Windows 7. Some of my important programs did not come up, some were difficult to get back and in one case I am really stuck. On my old computer I had hooked up two printers; one is the Epsom 320Photo and the other was my handy. little LaserJet 5L. The Epsom slurps up too much ink for text documents and my hXXXXX XXXXXttle LaserJet black and white has an ink cartridge that lasts me two years.   My problem: The Epson runs fine on the laptop...but I cannot get the LaserJet 5L to print anything. I was told I may need "drivers" as the Windows programs are not the same. I have no idea what drivers are or how to get them. Can one of you or even my old helper, (edited for privacy), try to help with this problem? (edited for privacy)[email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there Betty, and welcome to JustAnswer

First, go to this link and make sure that your computer is up to date please

http://www.hp.com/cpso-support-new/SDD/index.htm?lang=en&cc=us

Then make sure that your printer appears in start, devices and printers and attempt a test print please.

You dont need to download any special drivers for this printer for windows 7

If you have any difficulties, or require additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know