I was unable to resolve the issue of how to unlock documents…

Customer Question
I was unable to resolve...
I was unable to resolve the issue of how to unlock documents w/Satch afterwards our connection was lost
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sohail, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sohail
Sohail, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hi

Kindly explain the issue in detail.Can you tel me what do you mean by document unlock.You mean to open the docment and it wont open.Is it saved properly when you lost connection.

Regards
An existing document/file from e-mails and regular crated MicrosoftWord Doc.
Ok
When you try to open the document did you save the file first and than open it.Secondly what message you get while opening it.Like if its locked and you try to open than it will show some message.Whats that.

Regards
modification not allowed, because selection is locked
I ha word docs.ve been waiting for a response from my reply-word documents,attachments sent via e-mail, existing microsoft
I have been waiting for a response from my reply-word documents,attachments sent via e-mail, existing microsoft word docs.
Hi

Sorry for late reply.Please clear my concerns.
1.Tel me can you open the file receive via email or simply you cant edit it and can read it.
2.Which type of file is it and in which version of word it is created.Is it .doc or .docx extension file.
3.Also which version of word you are using like 2007 or 2006.

Also save the file to your computer and open it.Than save it again using save as option on file menu with different name on your desktop.Than try to edit it.I hope it will solve the issue.Just try this and answer my questions.

Just send me message and i will answer you whether you will see me online or not.

Regards