I cannot sign on - I am requesting new passwords - have successfully…

Customer Question
I cannot sign on...
I cannot sign on - I am requesting new passwords - have successfully changed - though when I try to sign on it does not allow me- indicating password XXXXX sign on name not correct. I have forgotten my Roform Master password XXXXX can I change this?

Thanks for your support
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Steven R., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Steven R.
Steven R., Computer Support Specialist

Hello, thank you for using JustAnswer.com! How may I assist you?

May I have your current version of the OS and do you have ( I assume this is for a MAC) file vault encrypted?

this is not a mac -I just need to be able to sign onto skype and cannot - regarding password
It shows that another expert has responded; do you still require assistance?

what is going on here - I was in skype - wnet for help and now I am getting no answers?

I will cancel the payment if I do not get a proper reply

I am here; it appears that there is a bit of server issue. I will help you get your answer. I need just a bit of information.

In your question, you said "Roform"...did you mean Roboform"?

I can assist you; troubleshooting takes a few minutes.

Steven R.
Steven R., Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for your patience.

If you forgot your Master Password (or if you do not remember creating one but RoboForm requests it from time to time) then the only course of action is to remove all Passcards and Identities protected by Master Password XXXXX then remove Master Password XXXXX
In "Options -> Security" click "Set Master Password, Mass Protect/Unprotect" button, click "I forgot it!" button and follow the instructions."

me know if this work for you...if it does not, please let me know and I will find an alternate method. My goal is to help you get what you need. I am a disabled Navy vet and I am trying to build up my clientele base, so my goal is your total satisfaction. Please don't hesitate to ask for additional help, thank you!

please advise where the "options" is indicated when trying to sign in skype - or do I have to go somewhere else on my computer?

Just a moment one moment; I am finishing up with another customer. I will be glad to get you squared away.

ok - i am here

Thank you for your patience, I am here and reviewing

Ok, thank you for your patience. I have a few solutions, but I need to make sure that I have all of the correct information before proceeding.

You forgot your master password XXXXX Skype and need to reset the password XXXXX Skype?

If this is correct please respond with with yes.

If there is another program you are referring to (Aside from Skype) please let me know the name of it.

After you answer these two questions, I can finish up and get you back in the saddle

yes - the problem is the password. Now I am not sure which password XXXXX does not recognize.I have successfully changed the password (where it prompts to sign on) but it is never recognizes it nor the user name. and this is for skype.

Ok, thank you for the clarification.

here is the password XXXXX page for Skype. When it sends you the code or link in your email, just copy and paste the code into your password XXXXX When you change the password, make it something easy to remember. Sometimes, people use a capital letter for the first part of their password XXXXX forget that the passwords are cAse-sensitive. Follow the link below and you should be fixed up in just a few minutes. If you still need help let me know. Thank you for your patience once again.

https://login.skype.com/account/password-reset-request

hanks for this but I have done this many times. I try to log onto skype - to make a call and this is where I cannot get in and nothing is being recognized. Is there another place I can directly make a call from when signed in? because it does tell me it is successfully changed but no where to prompt and call in.

Ok, you may be having some other issues. here is a step-by-step process to make sure everything is set up correctly. Follow the directions carefully, and if this does not help you, I will gladly opt-out and let another tech try to help you.

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Skype. To check what version you have, click Help > About Skype.
  2. Close Skype. If you have a router, reboot your router.
  3. If you are on a network that uses a proxy server, make sure your proxy settings are correct. To check proxy settings in Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings. To check proxy settings in Skype, go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection.
  4. Check your firewall settings. If you are using the Windows inbuilt firewall, click Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall, and make sure Don't Allow Exceptions is not ticked.
    If you are using a different firewall, click Start > All Programs and select your firewall. Make sure that exceptions are allowed. Go to the Exceptions tab. If Skype is listed, delete it. Start Skype. When prompted, select Yes to allow Skype to connect to the internet.
  5. In Skype, go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection and then un-tick Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections.

Let me know if these steps clear up your issue with logging on; perhaps something in the software became corrupted.

As a very last resort, yuo can try uninstalling Skype, and then re-install it...sometimes this does the trick. Please keep me posted. I will be here all-day. Thank you for allowing me to help you, and if you still need further assistance, i will get you someone else who may be able to offer you something I may have missed.

Edited by Steven R. on 6/24/2010 at 4:36 PM EST

thank-you.

un-ticking the "use port 80...." seemed to have done the trick. Have a great day

I'm glad I was able to assist you in this matter. I understand that computers can be frustrating at times, and we all get stuck here and there (me included). I would appreciate if you could rescind the negative feedback and replace it with a positive feedback. Again, thank you for trying the last solution. I look forward to helping you again. Have a great day!