I DONT UNDERSTAND YOUR ANSWER. . . . START A NEW E-MAIL AT…

Customer Question
I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR ANSWER."...
I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR ANSWER.". . . START A NEW E-MAIL AT GMAIL.COM . . ." sTARTWHERE?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
D.Sandlin :

Welcome to JustAnswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a member of the expert community here..

D.Sandlin :

My first goal was to get you signed up for your class.. you needed an email to do that

D.Sandlin :

Then,, when you were safely signed up for a class that was important to you.

D.Sandlin :

I thought we would then work on your original email issue..

D.Sandlin :

Are you seeing any of this?

Customer:

YES I SEE YOU

D.Sandlin :

I will leave this window open.. that way you can type and respond to me.. and we can work together to get you issue fixed..

D.Sandlin :

Excellent..

D.Sandlin :

The answer i gave you was to get you signed up as soon as possible for your class..

Customer:

GREAT LET'S GO

D.Sandlin :

Now to fix your original email problem..

D.Sandlin :

do you want to start that new email first? and sign up for the class.. or do you just want to dive into fixing the issue first"?

Customer:

I don't know what you mean about class. I just want to know why my e-mail all of a sudden does not receive e-mails and the past e-mails do not show so that I can respond to them

D.Sandlin :

ok..

D.Sandlin :

what website is your email on?

D.Sandlin :

aol yahoo hotmail?

Customer:

my email address is V.talaw @yahoo .com. does that show what website? I am a total neophyte at this

Customer:

i think so

D.Sandlin :

Thanks.. that does show..

D.Sandlin :

It wouldnt have showed if you typed it all together..

D.Sandlin :

Ok.. so you have yahoo.com .. and for some reason.. your no longer seeing new mail

D.Sandlin :

ok.. the first thing id like to try this this..

D.Sandlin :

we need to make sure you dont have a worm or trojan on your system that has attacked itself to your mail..

D.Sandlin :

even if you have an antibvirus like mcafee.. or noton. things can get through.. the program below is free.

D.Sandlin :

Please go to the link below and download the free version of malwarebytes.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

You will have to click through a few windows, make sure to only download malwarebytes, the file name that will download is called mbamsetup.exe

Once downloaded, install and run the file.. When you run it, have it do a quickscan..

Let me know if it finds any infected objects.. then have it remove what it finds..

Customer:

correct plus when i pull the inboc rvrtything is in caps and they are all from my address book and spam and some of my past letters

D.Sandlin :

dont consider this the end.. i will stay online and wait while the scan runs..

D.Sandlin :

that sounds even more like you have some infection..

D.Sandlin :

please run malwarebytes free quickscan..and afterwards.. i will help you reset some settings inside yahoo itself.. and the issue should be cleared up..

D.Sandlin :

not sure if you got the suggestion and the link to run malwarebytes free quickscan..

D.Sandlin :

??

Customer:

i lost you totally, now I,m back

D.Sandlin :

Ok.. excellent..

D.Sandlin :

Not sure if you got the first step i want to take.. so i will repost it ok

D.Sandlin :

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Customer:

I can't go to malware without leaving thispage, how do Ifind you again

D.Sandlin :

you can leave this page open.. and also go to malwarebytes..

D.Sandlin :

right click on the link i sent you for malwarebytes.. and left click open in new tab..then you will have two pages open,. if all else fails..

D.Sandlin :

save the link below .. or press control d and make this page with me a bookmark

D.Sandlin :

will be waiting for you here.

Customer:

mission accomplished

D.Sandlin :

excellent.. is malwarebytes scan running.,. the quickscan?

Customer:

the green bar went the distance, i received no answer one way or the other

D.Sandlin :

huh.. ?

D.Sandlin :

was it malwarebytres,, did the screen look like this/

D.Sandlin :

?

D.Sandlin :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Yes to your question of what it looked like. when i pushed the download buttona pop-up screen appeared with a line which a green bar was filling ..It completed loading but I got no response as to whether it found any viruses.

D.Sandlin :

so you only downloaded.. .. i need you to install the program.. and then run the program..

D.Sandlin :

could you check and see if you have a file called mbamsetup.exe on the computer..

D.Sandlin :

that is the root file which will install malwarbytes.. i need you to istall and run that file..

D.Sandlin :

then once its installed.. we can then run malwarebytes..

D.Sandlin :

,?