when I sign and try to im an individual I get the msg to them…

Customer Question
when I sign and try...
when I sign and try to im an individual I get the msg to them however when they try to reply it acts like it is shutting me down and opens a new window for their im and eventually signs me out?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Steven R., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Steven R.
Steven R., Computer Support Specialist

Hello, thank you for using JustAnswer.com! How may I assist you?

When you removed all previous Yahoo applications, did you use the Windows unistall program or a third-party program? Sometimes Windows will leave behind certain folders related to yahoo; did you remove all of those as well?

Windows uninstall
Alright. windows has a tendency to miss some of the removal files, are you ever prompted to untick all of the Yahoo features? Additionally, there is an IM virus floating around that does some weird stuff to IM replies and the like. Have you scanned for viruses lately? If so, may I ask what Anti virus software you are using?
I have never been prompted to untick any yahoo features. I am using Malware for my antivirus program and have ran it just a few minutes ago and it did not detect anything.

Using Firefox...here are the steps that should correct your issue

1)Use Windows Uninstall to do the removal of Yahoo

2) Go to the Yahoo directory (usually x/86 program files/yahoo and you should find left over files)

3) Go to [Installation Directory]\searchplugins

4) Delete Yahoo.gif & Yahoo.src
(Delete the corresponding files for removing any other search engine)

5) Reboot your computer so that Windows removes the registry keys

6) Install a "clean" version of Yahoo

7) log in and you should be home free

Let me know how this works; it should only take about 10 mins. If you need additional help, just let me know

Checking in with you!