I recently changed my wireless product and since I have not…

Customer Question
I recently changed my wireless...
I recently changed my wireless product and since I have not been able to send email altho I do receive my email. Have contacted Road Runner my wireless product and they walked me thru the process on my outlook by Microsoft but said the problem was my product thru Microsoft!!! What do I do to correct.. I can send and receive on my Blackberry so I know it will work, but cannot get my Dell computer to send email without an error saying to enter my password XXXXX it will not accept and yet it is the same password XXXXX receiving email
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ben M, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Ben M
Ben M, Computer Support Specialist
Hello:

Thank You for contacting Just Answer.

Can you access the internet or pull webpages?

Open up Internet Explorer.

Can you access your homepage?

Thank You,

Ben
Yes I can access the internet and open Internet explorer but I also use Fox Fire which is what I am on at the moment
I also get my homepage for microsoft outlook
Hello:

Ok, when it asks for the username and password.

Did you try to just enter this in again?

You did change your password XXXXX it is cached in there.,

Meaning it will not change.

Try entering the new username and password.

See if the mail comes in.

If it does not I have other things we can try.

Thank You,

Ben
I changed my password XXXXX not my user name and have tried many times on my Dell to have it accept, but keeps coming up with the error on the password XXXXX My Blackberry phone also had me go in and put my new password XXXXX accepted it and sends and receives all my emails
Hello:

Ok, what version of outlook are you running?

Open Outlook:

Goto Help About.

What version are you running?

Thank You,

Ben
Microsoft Outlook 2003
Windows XP Home Edition
Dell Inspiron 6000
Hello:

Ok, let's try to remove the account and add in brand new.

On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.

Select View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.

Click the Time Warner Cable Road Runner e-mail account you want to remove, and then click Remove.

Click Finish.

Then add in brand new

1. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
2. Select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
3. Select POP3, and then click Next.
4. Under User Information, do the following:
1. In the Your Name box, type your full name the way you want it to appear to other people.
2. In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name

5. Under Server Information, do the following:

1. In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type pop-server > you may need to get this info from your isp.

Note The server domain name will differ slightly, depending on where your service is located. This example is for Charlotte, North Carolina. Your sign-up information or Road Runner customer service can provide you with the exact domain for your area.

2. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type smtp-server.carolina.rr.com.

1. Under Logon Information, do the following:

1. In the User Name box, type your user name provided by Time Warner.
2. In the Password XXXXX type your password.
3. Select the Remember password XXXXX box.

Note You have the option to have Outlook remember your password XXXXX typing it in the Password XXXXX and selecting the Remember password XXXXX box. Having Outlook remember your password XXXXX that you won't have to type your password XXXXX time you access the account; however, it also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer. Use strong passwords that combine uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Passwords should be 8 or more characters in length. A pass phrase that uses 14 or more characters is better. For more information, see Help protect your personal information with strong passwords.It is critical that you remember your password. If you forget your password, Microsoft cannot retrieve it. Store the passwords that you write down in a secure place away from the information that they help protect.

2. To verify that your account is working, click Test Account Settings. If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, you will be prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
3. Click More Settings.
4. On the General tab, under Mail Account, type Road Runner.
5. Click OK, and then click Next.
6. Click Finish.

Notes

* Do not select the Log on using Secure Password XXXXX (SPA) check box.
* Unless specified by Road Runner, all server and address entries are typed in lowercase letters.

Thank You,

Ben
how do i get to my isp to get info
Hello:

What city to you live in?

I will try to find the incoming and outgoing mail servers.

Your isp or Roadrunner will have your username and password.

Thank You,

Ben
Raleigh, North Carolina
Hello:

Ok here is the incoming and outgoing mail servers.

incoming mail server: pop-server.nc.rr.com
outgoing mail server: smtp-server.nc.rr.com

Thank You,

Ben
now error says that all is connected but could not send a tesr email because my password XXXXX incorrect my
password XXXXX XXXXX letters and 2 numbers
Hello:

Ok, I would check with Roadrunner.

They would be the only one to provide your password.

Thank You,

Ben
That is wher I started and they are the ones that gave me a new password
Hello:

Ok, the password XXXXX be case sensitive.

Ask them for your username and password.

Verify this information with them.

I will be here to help you.

This post will stay open until you accept.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Sorry they have full control over the username and password.

Thank You,

Ben