I created a movie with Movie Maker using Windows 7 and it wont…

Customer Question
I created a movie with...
I created a movie with Movie Maker using Windows 7 and it won't start on the Title page but instead saves it to start where the video starts. I want it to start on the title page. How do I make it start on the Title page? Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Colin Vincent, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there

Is the title one you created in Movie maker and where is it on the storyboard time line.

Thanks.

I want to make sure we're talking about the same Movie Maker. I had to download it with Windows Live.

Yes, I created it in Movie Maker and it is at the very beginning. I created the Title Page, then inserted a photo and added a capion to it and then the video starts after that.

Does the moving time line bar skip the title area or does it run over it normally but just not display the title content
When I play it in Movie Maker, it plays it the way I want it to play. It's just when I click on the DVD at the top to save it that it makes it appear that the video part is the beginning of the movie. It's an unflattering view of myself starting to talk and then the Start button is in the lower right corner of the screen.

Umm

Strange. I have just tried it here without issue so trying to think what may be different at your end.

If you click on the title on the storyboard and then make sure the menu is on format, what start time and duration does it give.

The start time is 0.00s and the duration time is 5.00. Should the large black cursur be to the right of the title page instead of to the far left which I consider to be the beginning point?

The cursor just sets the start point for reviewing the storyboard but has no effect on the finished Video

The starting point for the DVD is determined by the time line. Whatever is at 0.00s is the start point. When you hit the DVD button the black cursor should automatically jump to the start point. Is that beyond the title ?

I can only think that there is something in the format of your title that is not compatible with the dvd process and so it is left out.and hence why the movie start beyond it.

I would experiment with just a new text only title in front of the existing one and see if that is displayed ok. If it is you know the original title format is the issue.

From your description everything is as it should be setup wise so that is the only explanation i can think off.

If you want to try that and let me know what happens.

I tried creating a new title page and deleted the old one because I thought that might be the issue too but it made no difference.

So when you created it, the start button showed up on the title page and not the beginning of the video part later on?

Yes that's correct.

After it has created the file but before you burn a dvd if you click on the wmv file it created is that correct

What medium are you watching the finished article on. Your pc ?

Edited by Colin Vincent on 6/23/2010 at 9:12 PM EST

It's when it has created the ile and the only option I have is to click on Burn or Cancel and it appears that it is starting at the beginning of the video rather than the title page. I haven't actually burned it yet because it appears that it would be a waste to burn it to a DVD at that starting point. Maybe it will change? I guess I'm at a point where I need to just burn the DVD and see what it does.

Ahh ok i understand now

If you click on the video file itself at the point where you are on the screen with the burn/cancel option then it should play it in windows media player.

The content of that file is as per it will appear on the DVD and on my own dvd's i have made with movie maker the end product has always appeared as per that wmv file so if that play ok i am pretty sure your finished DVD will appear the same.

If the Wmv file is missing the credits then there is an issue.

I'm currenty looking for free photos and images online to insert and add a caption as a title page to see if that will work in place of the title page created in Movie Maker. Do you want to wait and see if it works or not?

That's fine. There is no pressure to bring this to a close.

Take as long as you wish

Edited by Colin Vincent on 6/23/2010 at 9:46 PM EST
Thanks. I'm still working on it and it does take a long time when it's creating it as a movie before you can burn it to a DVD. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

ok

no problem

It did not turn out. I'm going to start from scratch and see if I can figure it out.

ok

I can only think something is wrong with that particular movie.

Whilst you were away i checked with the MS knowledge bases etc and could find no issues reported such as you had.

it's a bit of a head scratcher.

i would try a test 30 second movie and put a title at the beginning and try previewing it to see if it is ok.

At least that way you know there is an ongoing movie maker issue before you waste too much more time.