I have a LDHD hard drive that I bought in November 2009. I…

Customer Question
I have a LDHD hard...
I have a LDHD hard drive that I bought in November 2009. I tried to turn it on and It seems that all my backup files are gone and I can't do anything to get it to work. Is there a way to maybe recover the files that were on it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: vasanth, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
vasanth
vasanth, Computer Software Engineer

Hello there!

Hard drives are complex. They have a circuit board and a number of moving parts. In terms of hard drive data recovery, the first thing that you must evaluate is whether it is a hardware problem that is stopping you from accessing your data. Common hardware problems include a faulty circuit board or problems with the actuator arm.

hard drive

A faulty circuit board is characterize by a drive that does not 'spin up', meaning that platters are not turning underneath the copper wire. A faulty actuator arm or more serious mechanical error is characterize by an abnormal clicking noise or a grinding noise. The best advise in determining whether you have a hardware problem is to listen to the sound of your hard drive. If you cannot hear the platters spinning (i.e. it is quiet when it is turned on) or you hear more serious noises then you should stop using the drive immediately and you will need to send your drive to a hardware data recovery service.

for more detailplease visit here

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/hard-drive-data-recovery.php

thanks

This doesn't really help. It should still be under warrenty. Is there someplace I can send it? I don't want to want to mess with it and ruin any chace of being able to recover the files.