When I attempt to burn a cd using Windws Media, I get a connect…

Customer Question
When I attempt to burn...
When I attempt to burn a cd using Windws Media, I get a connect burner. I seem to have lost mine somehow. Can I fix this/
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: johnn mack, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
johnn mack
johnn mack, Computer Support Specialist
hello there! I would love to help. First we need to see if you system can see the drive. to do this go to Device Manager to get to that program all you have to do is go to the start button then control panel then double click on the System icon in Control Panel, choose the Hardware tab, and click Device Manager. let me know what device manager says about your drive there should be an exclamation point in yellow.
I ahve got in but I do not see any exclamation point in Yellow.
Do you see anything under dvd/cdrom drives? You might have to click the Plus icon to see your drive.

I see NECD DVD RW ND-3500AG

HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8483B

Thats your drive its recognize and should work i think the culprit is windows media player. What if you try just burning a data cd using the windows burner? does that give the same errror?

Edited by johnn mack on 6/23/2010 at 11:58 PM EST
How do I access the Windows burner?
To access the windows burner just right click any file and select send to cd.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I believe that I have deleted my burner hardware. I can play cds and view them, but I cannot burn from files.