I just bought three copies of Microsoft Office 2010 Standard…

Customer Question
I just bought three copies...
I just bought three copies of Microsoft Office 2010 Standard for my computer, my husband's computer, and the computers at his church that he keeps in touch with everyday. I do not know how to activate this program, how to see to it that it reads and can be read by previous office programs, such as office 2000. Here are my questions:
1.) Where do I find product IDs, activation keys, key codes or whatever is necessary to get this product to work between computers?;
2.) There are a total of nine computers that will be using this program. Did I need three copies to get all of them coordinated with the program?;
3.) I have the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the program. How do I find out what computer needs what program?;
4.) How can I be sure that all of the documents in our Office 2000 program are going to be safe when we install the Office 2010?;
5.) Copies of the business contact manager program were included with my order when I received the Office 2010. How do I use these programs and how do they get installed?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Cris, Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

1.) Where do I find product IDs, activation keys, key codes or whatever is necessary to get this product to work between computers?

A: The activation code is inside the package of the office suite program when you open it you will see a yellow sticker stating a series of numbers. It is labeled product key you will enter the key when installing the software on the PC(s) you

will be prompted.

2.) There are a total of nine computers that will be using this program. Did I need three copies to get all of them coordinated with the program?

A: Yes if you purchased a mulit-user copy the most you can install the program is on 3 PC's.

A: I believe that when you open the office package there should be 2 disc 1 labled 32 and the other 64 bit. If not then the one disc can be used for both 32 and 64 and the system will know which to install.

4.) How can I be sure that all of the documents in our Office 2000 program are going to be safe when we install the Office 2010?

A: Microsoft makes all of its office suite compatible with older version. So documents created in prior office suites will be able to open with the newest suite. If they didn't people would not upgrade there suite.

A: You will have to pop the disc into the PC drive and it autorun does not pop up then Go to My Computer and open the CD drive and locate setup.exe double click and follow prompts for installation.

I bought these programs through the United Methodist Tech shop. They were sent in a padded envelope with no stickers. So I do not have any activation codes. What do I do you and how can I find out what activation codes I need? Also, thank you for your answers, you're the first one in three days who's given me something that I can use.

No problem here to help, that's a little strange every disc should have a sticker on the envelop or in the packaging the disc comes in. I highly doubt that the software will activate w/o a activation key unless its built into the disc.

I would contact the vendor in which you purchase the disc from to find out why no product keys where sent with the disc. It could be that the key is on the disc, however I can't be certain of that.

okay, when I opened the help file on the office 2010 that I installed on my computer, there was a product ID: 02XXX-XXX-XXXX106-38446. is this the product key that I need?

The product key is series of 5 sets of 5 numbers total of 25 characters. Mainly letters and few numbers. So it doesn't sound like that is the product key needed.

Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
ok thank you! I will get with the Tech Shop. I appreciate your time.

No problem, glad to assist!