when I make a call, the person called cannot hear me, but can…

Customer Question
when I make a call...
when I make a call, the person called cannot hear me, but can see me, I have gone through all the online technical procedures, but have been unsuccesful
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: tekbabe, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
tekbabe
tekbabe, Computer Support Specialist

Hi

Thanks for contacting us!

1. What online tech processes have you gone through, so that I do not duplicate suggestions?
  2. What operating system are you using?
  3. Are you speaking to another on skype via an attached microphone?
  4. If so what version and model is it?
  5. Has this ever worked properly for you?

Thanks, TB

1. I have adjusted microphone settings to maximum

2. Windows

3.no

4. NA

5. no

1. Where have you adjusted these microphone settings ~In control panel?

2. What operating system are you using / XP-Vista-7?

3. What type microphone?

Thanks, TB

1. on the skype program

2.XP

2.inbuilt

Hi

Are you sure you have an inbuilt mike
What make and model is your PC/laptop?

Thanks, TB

Yes, I have a built in mike

HP Pavilion dv9000

Hi

Thank you for your patience.

I would like you to go to the site below...follow the step by step instructions on testing your mike. I really do not believe it is the settings on SKYPE.

let me know the outcome and if you require further assistance.

Thanks, TB

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00833331&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&lang=en&rule=21681&product=3308899#N1082

The internal microphone is located near the top of the notebook LCD display or near the bottom of the LCD display near the hinge. Use the following best practices to capture sound more easily.

Adjust the notebook screen to place the microphone in the best direction for receiving sound.Speak directly into the microphone. Avoid speaking away from the microphone.When using the internal microphone, choose an environment without background noise.

this does not solve the problem
Hi,,,,,

Please give me more information....what do you mean?
Please give me more information, did you follow all the steps outlined in the link I provided you, if so, were they successful?

Thanks, TB
Hello

I was looking to help you further, would you please expand on what the issue remains to be, if my solution did not solve the problem

thanks, TB