Hi, We have a g-mail account with Google and for some reason…

Customer Question
Hi, We have a g-mail account...

We have a g-mail account with Google and for some reason we are not receiving e-mails. We have been receiving e-mails in our account for the last few weeks but it suddenly stopped working. I know you have directions for troubleshooting on line but I am not a technical person at all and am not able to figure it out. Can you please help?

Thank you so much for your time.
Connie Benjamin
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Deep, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Deep
Deep, Computer Support Specialist
Hello Connie,

Thankyou for choosing Just Answer.

Please tell me how do you check your emails, are you using an email client like Outlook or goto the Website i.e. Webmail?
And also what happens when you press send receive or inbox on the account? Thanks.

HI Deep,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I am using outlook and usually we receive all of our e-mail in outlook from our g-mail account. Usually we are also able to go to g-mail on the web and check e-mail. We can send e-mail from those accounts but cannot receive any mail. When I press send and recieve I do not receive any mail from our g-mail accounts.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks!

Connie

Please go to the web and check the mail if you have received any mails. Please click on this Link for gmail. Once you log in to the account click on inbox and then refresh in the middle. Thanks.

Hi Deep,

I clicked on refresh but no e-mail was delivered.

Thanks!

Connie

Hi Connie,

Thanks for checking. From the Web gmail account send an email to yourself and check if you receive the email back to your account on the website.If you receive the email back to you at first go to the Settings on the top right hand corner then click on Accounts and Import on the top then down there click on Google Account Settings to change the password XXXXX security reasons. Please get back to me if this works. Thanks.

Hi Deep,

I can receive mail when I send it from that g-mail account but when I send mail from one g-mail account to another, it does not go through. It also does not go through to my Outlook account. I tried doing what you suggested in terms of changing my password XXXXX this did not help.

Thanks!

Connie

Hi Connie,

Thats great let me tell you that your gmail account is all fine. The mail that you did not receive will receive it very soon.
But yes there is a problem with Outlook.
What happens when you click on send and receive. Do you get any error messages. Does it request for a password. Do you have more than one email configured on your Outlook.
Please do get back to me. Thanks.

Hi Deep,

We have several e-mails going to our outlook account (I think there might be as many as 8 e-mails that go through our outlook account. When I click send and recieve it works and there is no message that pops up. It receives messages from our one e-mail. It is sporatically asking for a password XXXXX though.

I won't forget to click on the accept answer once this is resolved. I greatly appreciate your hep Deep!!

Connie

Hi Connie,

Where its asking for the password XXXXX the new password XXXXX you updated and save it.
And check if you are receiving emails. If not try these steps.
Now what we have to do is under Outlook go to Tools on the top there under the menu bar then click on Email Accounts. A new window comes up. Under Email select " view or change existing email accounts ".Click on Next.
Now on the next window you can see all the 8 emails listed. Please selct the one which was not working. Click on Change on the right hand side.
On the next window check if all the details are correct. And click on Test Account Settings Button. On the next window if it has a tick mark on all the sections and if it says Successfull then that email is working fine. If there is any cross on any of the status please tell me the exact message what it shows we can find where the issue is.

Please do get back to me as soon as possible so I can Quickly resolve the issue for you.

Hi Deep,

I tried to do this step but when I go into tools - there is no e-mail accounts section. It just lists all our e-mails but when I go to "send and receive" and select one of the e-mails that is not working, It says "download inbox headers" and "process inbox headers". What should I do in this case?

Connie

Please make sure its Outlook. Click on the Help on the top there and under Help do you see About Microsoft Office Outlook at the end or what do you see. Click on it and give me the Outlook version that you see there. Thanks.
It says Microsoft Office Outlook.
I'm out of Ideas I will Opt Out and allow another Expert to quickly help you with the issue. Thanks.

Thanks anyways Deep.

Connie

Thanks Connie.