Why am I getting a greenish colour on the screen with a sort…

Customer Question
Why am I getting a...
Why am I getting a greenish colour on the screen with a sort of ghosting effect
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Tom K, Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Tom K
Tom K, Information Systems Manager
What is the make and model of the computer you are using?
I am not talking about a computer, this site was bought up due to a projector problem on a large screen. Having said that the projector ia an Acer PD100D

Within the menu settings for the projector, are you able to reset the projector to default settings?

yes this has been tried by a service engineer previously but problem reappeared
The issue is typically involved with an overheating projector. After doing the factory reset and the projector has been running for awhile, does it feel extremely hot near the vents or the unit itself?
Have just checked and the projector does not feel that hot.
When was the last time you did a factory reset? Try to do one right now and let me know the result.
tried one this morning, the screen cleared up back to normall operation for about 5 to 10 minutes then went bacj to the same problem. Also when the projector is turned off then on again, the picture goes back to normal for about 5 to 10 minutes before the problem reasserts itself
It definitely seems like an overheating problem. In the color configuration of the menu of the projector, check and see what the values are set it when its working normally, and once it malfunctions, do the color settings change at all?
I am afraid that at the moment due to the projector being in full use at least for the next hour and a half i will not be able to carry out this test. will do later on but where does that leave us if that does not work?
I would tend to believe the unit is defective. We would check your warranty status on the device with Acer and hopefully can have it replaced. But check what I outlined above first.