Have a gateway dx4300 powers supply took a fatal hit, computer…

Customer Question
Have a gateway dx4300 powers...
Have a gateway dx4300 powers supply took a fatal hit, computer was off. Replaced ps and press top "on" button, fans come on but no hardrive action. No lights nothing. Hold on button, shuts down and fans stop. Need help please !
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 years ago
Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast
Chat Conversation Started
Nirjhar18 :

As you say fan is working properly and is giving power to all devices

Nirjhar18 :

and it reacts with on button

Nirjhar18 :

but still you cannot see anything on screen and no light comes up

Nirjhar18 :

so it is problem with your mother board

Nirjhar18 :

it is at fault

Nirjhar18 :

you will have to replace mother board to get it working

Nirjhar18 :

Please Click on ACCEPT so that i can be paid for my work with positive feedback and bonus

Customer: Why would the motherboard be damaged if the the power was OFF !
Customer: Why would the mother board be damaged if the power was OFF
Nirjhar18 :

Motherboard can get damaged if it does not get power completely or due to over heating

Nirjhar18 :

or some short circuit

Nirjhar18 :

You can try using external monitor

Nirjhar18 :

if it still does not work with external monitor,then the problem is your motherboard

Nirjhar18 :

Nirjhar18 :

?

Customer: I need a second opinion. Will take pc in tomorrow, if they say the entire motherboard is bad and replace it and unit works. Then I will accept your answer. I keep my word, be patient.
Nirjhar18 :

Thanks

Nirjhar18 :

Do you have external monitor,we can check it here

Nirjhar18 :

Attach it with external monitor and see if something comes up

Customer: Second opinion was what you said, they connected another monitor, keyboard & mouse still nothing. It's the mother board. Thank you for your help.
Nirjhar18 :

Please Click on ACCEPT so that i can be paid for my work with positive feedback and bonues

Nirjhar18 :

bonus