Hello ... I have an HP PSC 1510 that Ive had for several years…

Customer Question
Hello ... I have an...
Hello ... I have an HP PSC 1510 that I've had for several years connected to a MacBook 13" and it has worked perfectly. the scanner function only (printing is fine) stopped working today with the message 'The device you have selected does not support scan. Select a device that supports scan and try again'. I have no idea why. The only thing that has changed in my system is that I recently upgraded my internal HD from the factory 120GB to a 500GB. I had an external 2TB USB TimeMachine backup that I restored from. Everything has been working fine since the restore; this is the first issue I have run into. Could the restore have done something peculiar to the HP scanner configuration? Odd that it would not affect printing. What might be the cause?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please try the following:

1- Open Finder

2- Click Applications

3- Click "Image Capture"

4- CLick your Scanner under "Devices"

5- Try to scan

6- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Image Capture.app displays a dialog saying "No Image Capture device detected".

The printer is connected as it always is. This is definitely a more sophisticated problem. It is peculiar that printing works but scanning does not.

What exact Mac OS X version do you have ? Go to apple icon, then About this Mac. You will see the version number under "Mac OS X"

Thank you.