i have a hp computer and forgot the log on pass word is there…

Customer Question
i have a hp computer...
i have a hp computer and forgot the log on pass word is there a way to bypass login and change password?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

What's your operating system?

Regards
xp
Okay ..please restart and tap down the F8 key at bootup until the Advanced Windows Options menu comes up. Select Safe Mode and boot into Windows that way. At the logon screen in safe mode, is there an Administrator account listed?

Regards
yes asks to type your password
Okay ..how many user accounts are listed in safe mode?

Regards
just 1
I see; in order to recover your lost account password, you may use a password recovery tool in order to resolve the issue; I would suggest you to download the following freeware tool, in order to try and reset your password:
http://nchc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pcloginnow/PCLoginNow_Full_2.0.iso

Once downloaded, please burn the ISO image to a CD/DVD disc, as follows:

http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

After burning, bootup your system using the disc; the recovery tool, PC Login Now, will start automatically.

To delete your existing Windows password, follow the instructions on-screen accordingly. Choose your OS installation and then the user name for which you want the password XXXXX be deleted. Be sure to check the password is empty checkbox after choosing your username; this will remove the password.

Now, you'll be prompted if you want to reset another user's password; choose No and then OK to reboot. Remove the disc as soon as the computer reboots, and load up your OS as you do normally, and see if you can login to your account now.

Regards

this did not help
Okay ..it's time for me to step away now, so we will continue this tomorrow.

Regards
when this didn't work i decided to restart computer and push f11 . this cleared everything including passwords all is good now thank you
No problem ..thanks for using JustAnswer!

Regards