Hello We had a fuse blow on the same line as our Dimesion…

Customer Question
Hello We had a fuse blow...
Hello
We had a fuse blow on the same line as our Dimesion E520 yesterday
The system runs throiugh a power bar
When power was restored the monitor worked but the tower did not start up
I tried unhooking and rehooking all power sources including directly to the wall socket
but no joy
Any thoughts on next steps
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: tbwhite2040, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Computer Support Specialist

Unplug the power cord from the back of the tower and press the power button for 30 seconds and release the button. plug the power cable back in and press the power button to see if it will come on.

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Suggested solutiuon did not work
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Suggested fix did not work
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

As you have described that the fuse had blown in the same line that means there is some shortage on the line and that could damage the PSU (power supply unit) of the PC and cause this unit but if you are unlucky then the mother board can also get burnt.Hope you are lucky and your problem solves by replaing the PSU of the PC.
So what exactly do you suggest I do next
The next possible solution is to replacing the PSU of the PC you can get it from any of your local computer shop.
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

Sometimes a power surge will cause your power supply to shut down but not necessarily damage it. that is why I wanted you to reset the power to the computer. If this did not correct it, then your power supply is bad and possibly your motherboard could be also.

If you had a power surge from high voltage or lightning, your home owner's insurance can pay for your computer to be replaced. If you take it to a repair shop, it could be expensive depending on how much damage was done to the internal components such as motherboard, Processor, memory, as well as, your cdrom and other peripherals.

Psu units are very cheap and you can get them in of the local computer store.