Hi I am having trouble opening my emails. When I click onto…

Customer Question
Hi I am...
Hi I am having trouble opening my emails. When I click onto an email to open it, it takes ages for it to appear and then when it does open up there is no message at all. I can open a link to a email to view but that is about it. I hope you can help me fix this problem asap...Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Could you specify your email provider, and your email program please?

Regards

Hi My provider is AAPT and I run on the Outlook express program is that what you are after

Okay ..could you specify just the part that comes after the '@' in the email address? Also, what's the exact error code/message you get when trying to send an email?

Regards
My apologies; that reply was meant for another customer.

Now, what's your operating system? Also, is this a recent occurrence with Outlook Express?

Regards
hi sorry for the delay I was just trying something. I received emails no problem, I can send emails no problem. My email address is [email protected] and there is no error message when i send a messages that is what I tried. It is just that I can not read my emails nothing shows up in the messages box.

Regards

Yes this started about a month ago not receiving the actual messages but the problem is also that it takes for ever to actually open anything whether it opening a message or even deleting or sending anything. What do you mean what is my operating system.

Okay ..what's your security program? Did you ever use to have Norton installed earlier, by any chance?

Regards

I have never used the Norton program, I have used the ones off the internet like StOPzilla and I have had this one for awhile and I have used the Antispywarebot. Do you think that this could be the problem.

It might as well be; let's carry out a repair of Outlook Express now.

Do you have a Windows XP installation disc with you?

Regards
No I don't sorry the only disc I have is a Toshiba Tatellite A100 and it is a Product Recovery DVD-Rom, I don't know if that will help
Hmm ..that will recover your system back to factory settings itself.

Now, please download the most advanced successor to Outlook Express, using the following link:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail

Run and install the program; your emails and settings will be automatically updated in the same, from Outlook Express; check if you are able to open up your emails in this program itself.

Keep me posted.

Regards
I have tried this and no it is still not opening the messages
Not even in Windows Live Mail?

Regards