I can not read and transfer my pictures from the camera to…

Customer Question
I can not read...
I can not read and transfer my pictures from the camera to the computer. I was able to do it the last time I tried 2 days ago, but now I can hear the sound when the computer acknowledges that a new hardware is on, but I keep getting a message that the computer can find no camera or scanner. I am a home inspector and need to upload my pictures.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Click start >

Run >

Type devmgmt.msc >

Hit enter >

In device manager >

Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers by pressing + >

Right click on each item under it and choose uninstall(Specially any unknown devices or devices with yellow error mark) >
(Your mouse or keyboard may stop functioning anytime, do not worry just restart)

Now restart the computer>

The USB drivers will be automatically installed >

Try to connect the device again to different USB port.

See if that works, else let me know.

Your suggestion did not work.

Connect the camera to the computer and let me know:

1. If you can see a drive for camera in My Computer?

2. If you can find the camera in device manager, if yes, does it have a error there?

I have a Sanyo Camera. It is not listed in the cameras to add. The Sanyo disk has offers for Kodak, so I physically add a Kodak camera into cameras and scanners. To answer you question, I get no indication in the computer that I have a camera connected except for the sound I get when hardware is added or deleted. There is no other indication at all.

Please answer specifically these:

Double click on My Computer > Can you see the camera here?

Also, is there any device with error mark in the device manager?

Is the camera using a memory card?

Edited by Tech Specialist on 6/22/2010 at 10:03 PM EST
THere is no camera in my computer. There is no device that is yellw either with a question mark or exclamation point. Yes I am using a memory card reader as almost from the time I got the camera I was hacing issues with the cable.
I guess that is the best workaround. I will also suggest you to plug the camera into some other computer too to check if it is detected by it. Let me know.