I have somehow lost my password and cannot retrieve it. How…

Customer Question
I have somehow lost my...
I have somehow lost my password XXXXX cannot retrieve it. How do i go about getting it back?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Networking101, Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Networking101
Networking101, Information Systems Manager
Hi and thanks for your question! What exactly is this password XXXXX your computer, your email, something else? Some passwords can be retrieved, some cannot, so just let me know exactly what this password XXXXX you access to and we can go from there!
my email

That is one of the few that is almost impossible to recover! Lets see, SOME providers give you a second way to reset your password. For example, when you go to log on to your e-mail, and you put in your username, is there a link below the password XXXXX that says "forgot password?" If so, you can click on this and you may have to go through some security questions, but it will reset your password XXXXX you and tell you how to change it.

Who is your email provider? AOL? Comcast?

Tech Support Specialist: Andy, Computer Consultant replied 8 years ago
Andy, Computer Consultant

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

- Which website is your email associated with ? ... like hotmail / gmail / etc ?
- Please do not type your email address here as it gets blocked from this website.

gmail
Hi

I am sorry that you have lost access to your account.

Please do this.

First try to recover password XXXXX this link :
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=12381

If above doesnt help then do this :

1. Click here :
https://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/request.py?ara=1&hl=en

2. A form will open up. Fill in As Much details you can and with as much accuracy you can and be honest in everything you state.

3. Dont forget to mention the alternative email account (preferably make another gmail account and give that to them) where they can contact you.

4. Send the form. You should hear from them in couple weeks max.

This is the only way to retrieve a lost password XXXXX gmail. There are no phone nos. to call.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.