Bought an HP 23 monitor to hook up to the Satellite A205 (Windows…

Customer Question
Bought an HP 23" monitor...
Bought an HP 23" monitor to hook up to the Satellite A205 (Windows 7) and it worked fine with full screen then later had a 1" border top and bottom that I could not get rid of and HP could not help. Took that one back and got a 23" LG. Worked fine full screen for 2 days and today it has that same border top and bottom. Anybody know what to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: RPI Solutions, Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

What do you have the resolution set to?

Robert Preston :

It sounds like it's cloning the resolution of your laptop screen rather than using it's own resolution.

Customer:

1280 x 800. The laptap screen is full screen...

Robert Preston :

Yes, 1280x800 is incorrect.

Robert Preston :

Your monitor is probably 1920x1080 or 1920x1200

Robert Preston :

You need to set it to a different resolution.