My OUtlook says it is full, when I try to delete anything it…

Customer Question
My OUtlook says it is...
My OUtlook says it is full, when I try to delete anything it tells me to use the shift delete but when I do that it tells me to do it again. I am in a vicious cycle that I cannot seem to get out of
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: bineesh, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist

Thanks for using Just Answer..

Please empty the DELETED ITEMS also ..

This also including in the your mail box ..

Delete using DEL button and this will come to deleted items then empty the deleted items..

Let me know are you using mail box or personal folders..

I have tried emptying the deleted items file, I have tried moving the send items to my archive sent items, I have tried moving fils from personal to archive, I have tried high lighting an entire folder and using the shift delete feature and get turn back everytime to the message that says I am full and to delete items I do not want using the shift delete key....circle time

Please create new personal folder ..and make in to default one this should work..

Create a new .pst file with the Tools menu

loadTOCNode(2, 'moreinformation'); To create a new .pst file with the Tools menu, follow these steps:
  1. On the Tools menu, click E-Mail Accounts.
  2. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
  3. In the E-Mail Accounts dialog box, click New Outlook Data File.
  4. In the Types of storage area, click Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst) to create a new Outlook 2003 .pst file. Click Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst) to create a new Outlook .pst file that is compatible with earlier versions of Outlook.
  5. Click OK.
  6. Use the default Outlook folder location, you can locate a different folder location.
  7. In the File name box, type a name for the new .pst file, or you can use the default name. Click OK.
  8. In the Name box, type a title for the .pst file, or you can use the default title of Personal Folders. The title that you enter in the Name box is the name that is used on the Outlook 2003 All Mail Folders list, and it is applied to any shortcuts that are made for the .pst file on the Outlook Bar. You can also select an encryption setting and a password XXXXX the .pst file. After you select the settings that you want, click OK.

Note You cannot change the encryption setting after you create the .pst file. For more information about the encryption settings, see the "Security settings for .pst files" section in this article.
  9. In the Deliver new e-mail to the following location: area, click the name of the new .pst file, and then click Finish.
Then close and open the outlook..

Try to delete the mails from old personal folder..

Let me know is this information helpful for you..

Hi

Let me know is this worked for you..or else do you need any further assistance on this problem.

Please don't forget to hit ACCEPT so I can get credit for my work. Give a Positive Feedback and Bonus will be highly appreciated Thank you Bineesh

Nothing you recommended has helped. I had to take my laptop to a tech expert during my travels and they informed me that Microsoft knew of the problem and they (the expert) had dealt with it int he past. Since I had to be without my computer for a day and a half and you did not provide a resolution I will not be accepting nor paying for your answers.

Regards, Kim

Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

you need to use the compress file function under tools / options / maintanence tab

to actuallly reduce the size of the message store you have to

delete the email(s)

delete from the deleted folder

compress the message store