when I switch office on the page covers the whole screen even…

Customer Question
when I switch office on...
when I switch office on the page covers the whole screen even when I designate smaller size paper please can you advise
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

Can you please tell me which program in office the difficulty occurs with (eg: word) and the version eg: 2003 or 2007

Thank you

Word - 2007

ok, I believe you are referring to full screen view.

Press the esc key or click on the close button in the top right to close this and return to your normal view

If you are still having difficulties, please let me know

I have tried the esc key and also clicking the red cross this does not resolve the problem

ok thanks for the information.

at the top of the screen you should see view

Can you please click this and then select print layout

Please let me know if you are still having problems

I have tried your suggestion, but this does not resolve the problem. I have also tried deleting "Office" and reloading the programme to no avail

ok, when you say full screen. Do you mean the document is showing in a full screen?

Can you tell me what you see please

Yes, the document covers the full screen, and when I try to designate a smaller page ie A5 nothing changes

no this is the view settings and not related to paper size

Can you tell me what happens when you press the escape key on your keyboard?

Or when you click on view, print layout?