Hello, I keep getting a message that the computer is updating…

Customer Question
Hello, I keep getting...
Hello, I keep getting a message that the computer is updating 3 of 3 updates windows...and it keeps shutting down and starting up again and again? Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: LeGin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
LeGin
LeGin, Computer Hardware Engineer

These are Microsoft updates and will run till the computer is up to date.

If you have to force stop then you have to...

1. Click the Start button, choose All Programs, then choose Windows Update. You’ll see the Windows Update window.

2. Choose Change Settings from the leftmost pane.

3. There you can change installation time, turn of auto update options ETC. Make your changes as you like and then click OK to apply the settings.

you can also view Windows vista update history from your control Panel. To see update vista update history go to control Panel > windows update > view Update History

Thanks
I cant even get the start windown on...it just keeps repeating the loop...no matter what i press the start window never comes on....instead it automatically shuts down and starts up and shuts down again no matter what i do!
ok. In this case just press the power button and shut the computer down and then restart.
it keeps doing the same thing even after it has powered down or up! It just keeps starting and restarting!
Try this ..

right clicking on “My Computer” and choosing “Properties”. Goto the “Advanced” Tab and under “Startup and Recovery” press the “Settings” button.
That screen does not even come up!! This is not working...thanks for the help!
It sounds like an update has got stuck

To fix this you need a Vista DVD to boot from (If not use this Vista
Once you have booted up with the Vista DVD / Recovery Disc

Hit Repair Options and select command prompt

Now type in

C:
cd Windows\WinSXS
del pending.xml

This one worked first GO. Boot disk commnad prompt c: cd cindows cd winsxs and del pendingf.xls

This should fix it.