I have MS Outlook 2007 SP2 - calendar invites from other Outlook…

Customer Question
I have MS Outlook 2007...
I have MS Outlook 2007 SP2 - calendar invites from other Outlook accounts no longer come into my inbox with the ability to save them to my calendar. they are only text. what is the cause / fix. If I send invites to another Outlook they work fine and are able to save to calendar.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Networking101, Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Networking101
Networking101, Information Systems Manager

Hi and thanks for your question! The probable cause for this is the e-mails are coming into your inbox in some other format other than HTML (possibly plain text). In Outlook, follow these steps to set your mail up as HTML...

Choose Tools --> Options, and in the Options dialog box, select the Mail Format tab. From the Compose in This Message Format drop-down list, choose HTML. Choose OK.

This should allow you to accept or deny calendar requests now...

Hope this helps!

It didn't work. Plain text gave me the text of the invite. HTML shows invite without information attached. just email view

So even in HTML view you are not getting the buttons to accept or deny the invite? Are these invites coming from someone who is also using outlook in HTML format?

correct. they are coming from my work email with Html formated. it worked and all of a suddened stopped one day.

I was checking on technet with Microsoft. The most common reason for this is a email antivirus program scanning the email causing it not to show up as it should. their solution was to disable the email scanning feature and have an invite be sento you again. (The same holds true with the HTML fix), check a new invite...old invites, if opened as plain text or rich text, do not convert back to HTML, only new ones that come in will be HTML...

have you recently installed a new anti-virus program on your machine?

No i have not installed a new anti virus program since it worked correctly. I check archived invites from other people. the ones that I did not respond to I can respond to now and they work fine.

If I send from other accounts an invite in Outlook, i don't get an invite sent back either.

If you dont mind, if you can send me your outlook address, I can send you a test invite to see how it comes through. (you wont be able to put the address right in, you will have to put it as jimsmith AT yahoo DOT com or it will mark it out...then you can do the same to me at

cmoore AT nhrichmond DOT com