Toshiba A215-S58737 when turned on front lights light up,disk…

Customer Question
Toshiba A215-S58737 when turned on...
Toshiba A215-S58737 when turned on front lights light up,disk drive spins but nothing happens on screen.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Tech Support, IT Consultant replied 8 years ago
Tech Support
Tech Support, IT Consultant
Hi, and thanks for contacting JustAnswer! There are a couple of issues that could be at work here. First, try to adjust the screen (pulling it forward and back) to see if it flickers on. If it does, this can be indicative of a failed or failing video cable in the hinge. Furthermore, you can try shining a flashlight on the screen to see if perhaps your backlight or inverter board has failed. Finally, please try this: Shut down and unplug your laptop, turn it over and remove the battery, and open the lid. Hold the power button for 30 seconds, as this will thoroughly discharge the machine. Once this is done, put your battery back in, plug the machine into the AC adapter, and try to power it on!

Please let me know if none of these solutions resolve your issue!

--Alex

Still the same
You can also try hooking your notebook up to a monitor via the VGA output on the side. If your LCD is failing, this should still output a picture. If it does not, you can also try removing and reseating your RAM sticks, which are accessible by unscrewing the removable panel on the base of your machine. They are held in by metal clips and slide in and our relatively easily. I would have to say, if that doesn't do it, you're looking at a failed motherboard.

I hate to give people bad news though, so let me turn it over to the rest of our techs in case anyone has any other ideas to assist you in reviving your Toshiba!

--Alex

Tech Support Specialist: DRobertson, Consultant / Technician replied 8 years ago
DRobertson
DRobertson, Consultant / Technician

Hi and thanks for writing us here at JustAnswer.com. Please know that to resolve your question may take some back and forth questions and answers. Help us to help you! We are here to help and will do our best to resolve your issue; we are not here to just make money. Also note that we do NOT work for any company and in no way represent them on their products and/or services.

Let me ask how the final test that the previous expert asked about came out?