I have a Hp Officejet 7310 All in One printer/coppier/fax.

Customer Question
I changed from windows XP...
I have a Hp Officejet 7310 All in One printer/coppier/fax. I changed from windows XP to Vista. The Original download disc that came with the printer will not be acepted by the Vista system. I downloaded software from HP. The printer works just fine but Hp source window will not bring up the scanner. I can scan through paint but it does not work well for scanning multiple documents. I need to be able accesss the scanner through HP Source.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow the steps below to completely uninstall the old drivers and then install the full printer's software (not the basic one):

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the HP printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 scroll down, and click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any HP printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer.

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-47754-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=2093&product=391182&sw_lang=

And click the "Install now" OR "Download only>>" button. When the download is over please run the file

Select OPEN or RUN if prompted

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer

9- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
The program will not let me uninstall all of the software for the HP all in one.

Why not ? Do you get any error message ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
In attempting to get tis to work I had inadvertantly installed the soft ware 3 times under different headings 2 of those HP Source and Hp Photosmart all in one still remain. When I click on them to uninstall it will start then in about 10 seconds stop. No error message. When the one program I could uninstall was present I got a message that the Twain might be corrupted.

Can I have the EXACT Twain error message ?

Thank you!