Hi, I recently unplugged the printer. Now that it is powered…

Customer Question
Hi,    I recently unplugged the printer...
   I recently unplugged the printer. Now that it is powered up again, I can not get the printer and the computer wirelessly connected. How do I do that? I do not have the Passkey number (not sure what that is). I have tried almost everything.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

What is the make and the model number of the printer you want to use it wirelessly.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

It an Epson Workforce 600. Thanks. Laurie

hi,

when you try to connect you can enter 0000 as the default passkey.

this is the one that is se by default until and unlesss you have not set a passcode on your own.

do let me know in case you are not able to connect with the default passkey and what is the exact message you recieve.

you can also refer to the below link for detailed steps

Epson Wireless connection

This does does not work. I am not using a bluetooth device. I have a wireless compute printer that I simply want to work with my computer. It worked previously to the unplugging. The front panel does not show the three bars lit up, so the printer is not wirelessly connected witht he computer. Help.

hi,

it seems that the pass key that the printer asks for is the passkey for your internet router. This passkey can be provided by your ISP.

Further, there are 2 more ways in which this can be fixed.

1. Uninstall and reinstall the printer software

2. Run a system restore back to a date when you were able to connect to the printer successfully.

To run system restore...click start..in the search box type system restore.

once you open the system restore screen select the option to restore computer to back date...select a date when the printer was working fine...follow the onscreen instructions to run the system restore process.

do let me know in case you face any difficulty.

This does not work. None of the information so far has helped me. I fiddled with it myself and was able to solve my own problem.

Thanks for choosing just answer.

do feel free to ask in case you need assistance in future.