I tried to update Norton Internet Security from version 2009…

Customer Question
I tried to update Norton...
I tried to update Norton Internet Security from version 2009 to 2010. It asked me to restart and then it looked as if it was in a scan function deleting files and then bringing them back. THis went on for a very long time. When all was said and done my windows would not start up. It is in a command prompt asking me to start windows normally or in safe mode. Any option I choose, it looks like it is running and then a blue screen appears and the computer restarts again back to the same command prompt screen.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/21/2010
Tech Support Specialist: DRobertson, Consultant / Technician replied 8 years ago
DRobertson
DRobertson, Consultant / Technician

Hi and thanks for writing us here at JustAnswer.com. Please know that to resolve your question may take some back and forth questions and answers. Help us to help you! We are here to help and will do our best to resolve your issue; we are not here to just make money. Also note that we do NOT work for any company and in no way represent them on their products and/or services.

Let me ask, when you get that Stop Error (blue screen), you will see about half way down a series of numbers starting with 0x000.... What is that number please?

I will need to get back to you with that. The blue screen counts down so quickly that I can barely make anything out.

Noa

When you are at that screen asking you to choose which way to start, normal or safe mode, there might be an option to disable auto-restart, if so, choose that option, and it will not reboot and you can get the info from the Stop Error.