I have windows vista, and when i plug in my vga cable from…

Customer Question
I have windows vista, and...
I have windows vista, and when i plug in my vga cable from the computer to the tv ,it says no signal, not supported.It used to work ,to where i would plug it in and when the connections touch it pops up from the computer to the tv.Now , if i reboot the computer while it's plugged in to the tv,the computer screen goes blank and it plays on the tv from the computer going thru the restart motions and once its done there,it will go back to not supported and then the computer will come back on for my log on..whats seems to be the problem...please help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/21/2010
Tech Support Specialist: RPI Solutions, Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

Is this a desktop or a laptop?

Tech Support Specialist: Tom K, Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Tom K
Tom K, Information Systems Manager

This could be an issue with the display settings either not being set to mirror or extend the desktop, or the resolution for the TV in the computer display settings being set too high or too low.

Right click on the desktop and click on Personalize and in the new window click on Display.

With the TV connected to the computer, do two screens show up in the display settings window?