how can i get recorded music on my computer to play

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/21/2010
Tech Support Specialist: technical114, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
technical114
technical114, Computer Support Specialist
What operating system and available programs for audio do you have?

i have been working with Renju and we got disconnected.

can you start from where we left off

I can't locate Renju on line. If you'd like tell me about op. system and audio programs you have. Otherwise I'm taking the back seat.

Windows vista home basic

Recorder power audio recorder

I also tried the windows recorder and it did the same thing. i record but it won't play back. It show's it playing but no sound.

I watch movies on the computer and sound is ok.

I play radio music on conputer i is ok

CASE 1:
Locate at the program bar the Windows Media player and click on it. When the Windows media player window open up locate the file - open file and choose the file you want to play.
CASE 2:
Right click at the file you want to play - choose open with - Windows Media player.

In case you want to double click on the file and play the file with Windows Media Player, just post me back to tell you the way.

Since you begin the question with another expert, I'm not marking it as "answer". In case you are satisfied accept it.

i locted the song in media player. i was playing but with no sound

on my playback devices i have two choices. speaker which is working and realtek digital output which is disabled

If you play another audio file with Windows Media Player do you hear audio?
yes the sample songs play
That means that the set of Windows Media Player - speakers is working fine. Maybe the problem is that file you want to play. Let me ask you something. I noticed before that you tried the Windows Recorder. Maybe you record a new file (blank) overwriting the first one you record. Why don't you just try with a new recording?

still not working

Could you please clarify for me the recording settings you use at the recorder? If it is easier send me [email protected] an audio file that is not playing at Windows Media Player.

on my power audio recorder for the playback devices it is set speakers working realtek digital output disabled

on my recordinf settings i have microphone, line in,cd audio not working and stereo mix working

Sorry to ask again but I'm looking for the settings for the audio codec, sample rate e.t.c. at the recording software.

I don't know if this is what you want. if not tell me where to look.

Audio format

mpec audio layer-3(mp3)

sample rate 44100 hz

bit rate 128 bps

channel stereo

Exactly this is what I'm looking for. The settings are correct. In case you can see the meters during the recording to be active, I insist on sending me an e-mail with a small part of audio recording.
The meters aren't active
If the meters aren't active it means that there is no audio at the recorders input. So we have to see the whole thing from the recording side. Do you agree?
yes
Where do you connect your audio source? In other words do you use a microphone connected at the computer's mic in (red plug) or another audio device connected at the computer's line in (blue plug)?
i only use the speakers plugged into the green plug
The speakers are for playing the audio file. What do you like to record?

on my dsl they have a radio with all kinds of music. I play the radio and i record the music. I use my powerm audio recorder.

If i get disconnected fromy like i did the first time how do i contact you.

You have to follow these settings:
Play your favorite DSL radio with the player they suggest.
Open the recorder.
Double click on the Realtek icon beside the clock, down right at your desktop.
Choose the recording tag. You will see some sliders with check boxes underneath.
Enable the "wave" slider's check box and set the slider at a place that the meters at the recorder are active.

Since I don't know exactly the audio recorder you use or the oolitic audio card version you have there might be some differences of what I describe above. In case you can't manage it, post me back the versions you have.

If you need to contact with me again either post back at this set of questions or use this link (http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=38688064&FID=6) for coming direct to me.

the sliders are when playing music and the recorder is on are speakers,power audio recorder, and internet explorer. when the music is playing the slider is moving up and dpwn only on the speaker slider. If i disable the internet explorer slider the speaker slider stops playing. All the sliders are on. and the speaker slider plays

I understand that I mess you around. In order to be more detailed could you please tell what brand/model is your computer, in order to try to make for you some print screens?

I ordered it from comp usa There support number is XXXXX 24/7

the only thing i have is the specs. intel pentium dual cpu e [email protected] ghz

memory 3.00 gp

32 bit operating system

The given details are not enough to determine the realtek's version. Let me tell you the whole idea in other words.
Start playing your favorite DSL radio with the player they suggest (you may not be able to see the player, maybe it's embedded in the Internet Explorer).
Open your recorder software.
Double click on the Realtek icon beside the clock, down right at your desktop, or even better double click on the speaker icon near the clock.
Click on the select button, choose properties, choose REALTEK HDA PRIMARY INPUT, click OK.
This is the recording tag. You will see some sliders with check boxes underneath.
Enable the "wave" slider's check box or the "output mix" slider's check box and set the slider at a place that the meters at the recorder are active. In case of not active try the rest check boxes and set the corresponding slider in the middle. Don't get confused with the bar graph vu meter beside the slider; this is shown input activity. Your purpose is to see activity at the recorder's meters.

Inform me about the results. I'll read it tomorrow morning. Good night (Greece time).