I cannot validate my windows programme or access any proga…

Customer Question
I cannot validate my windows...
I cannot validate my windows programme or access any progarmmes
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/21/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Tom K, Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Tom K
Tom K, Information Systems Manager

What are the programs you are trying to access?

Also what is the make and model of the computer?

On starting the laptop it will not allow me to go past the windows screen because it sais i need to log on but it also asks me to activate the windows

On the Windows activation screen, the product key that came with the computer, it is not accepting that key?

Also what is the make and model of this computer? And do you see an option for See more options from the activation menu?

It is an acer aspire 365. The instillation id is not recognised and there are no other options. I cannot get past the windows screen

What version of Windows are you trying to activate?

windows xp home

Does your activation screen look similar to this:

graphic

yes and i have telephoned the contact number and quoted the product number. the laptop was working ok the last time i shut it down - now i cant access anything

Ok when you use the phone service, you call the number provided and enter the Installtion ID that is on your page. After this it should give you a confirmation ID you type in and once its all typed in click on Next and Windows should activate.

Try this again and double check that you give them the correct installation ID as seen on the activate by phone page and enter the confirmation ID they give you correctly.

This should activate your windows.

I am posting this as an answer, but please only click on Accept Answer if you are able to activate Windows. Otherwise, please do not click on Accept Answer and post back here so we can find a better solution.

I have done this twice but it does not accept my number as being valid -
And the number you are giving them is the on screen number, not your product key correct?
yes ten sets of 6 numbers
After entering each of these, what is the exact message that is said to you over the phone?
it cannot validate that it is an authentic copy of windows - but this has been on the laptop for several years!!

Have you tried activating Windows by using the Windows product key as found on the stick on the bottom of the laptop?