Why is my home page blank and why can I not send of receive…

Customer Question
Why is my home page...
Why is my home page blank and why can I not send of receive messages?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/21/2010
Tech Support Specialist: mary, Consultant replied 8 years ago
mary
mary, Consultant

Reset your IP address by following the steps below.

1.Click on Start select run type in cmd then hit enter

2. Type in "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes)

3. After releasing the IP, type in ipconfig /renew

4 type in ipconfig /flushdns hit enter.

Now close the internet explorer and reopen it again it should work fine.

It did not work. It is still blank.

Type in ipconfig and give me the result

you can try:

Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature from Control Panel, follow these steps:
Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).
If you use Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
inetcpl.cpl
If you use Windows Vista, click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image. Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:
inetcpl.cpl
The Internet Options dialog box appears.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
Start Internet Explorer again.

I am on AOL and my facebook homepage still does not want to open and I am unable to receive and send messages on facebook.

Please try the following:

Clear the AOL Browser cache
Click the Security menu, then click Select Footprints to Clear....
Next to Browser Cache, click the Clear button.
Click the Close button.
Resetting the browser settings for AOL Browser will restore the default programs and connections that are used to access the internet.

1. Click the Tools menu, then select Settings....
2. Click the Internet Options button.
3. Click the Programs tab, then click the Reset Web Settings button.
4. Click the Yes button.
5. Click the Connections tab.
6. Under Choose Settings if you need to configure a proxy server for a connection, choose the Never dial a connection option to select it.
7. Click the OK button.
8. Click the Cancel button.

Never had a chance to make it work. I do not even know what an AOL browser cache is? Thank you for your help though.
To clear the browser cache using AOL System Information:
On the end of the Windows taskbar next to the clock, right-click the AOL icon in the system tray, then click System Information....
Click the Utilities tab.
Click the Clear or Clear Browser Cache button.
Click the Close button.