I have several songs in my itunes library with an explanation…

Customer Question
I have several songs in...
I have several songs in my itunes library with an explanation mark next to them. All my songs were on my ipod touch, but when I recently hooked up my ipod to sync the songs will not transfer. It says it cannot locate the original file. How can I fix it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst

You must have moved the songs from the original location from where you added it. Are the songs still in hard disc?

I was using two laptops for my music library, we did home sharing previously and were able to have all music library on the new laptop, but I am having problems with itunes on the old laptop. I have successfully sync all music from the new laptop, just not sure why it's a problem all of a sudden. I'm not sure what you mean by hard disc. Most of the songs were purchased from itunes, some were CD's that I imported.

So you are telling the same songs are in another computer also?

yes, but I cannot access that library because I get an error 7 and can't get into itunes. We have been using my son's laptop and previously transfered all songs to his library - but I don't remember how - I remember it took a long time
So you do not have access to itunes in any computer having the songs right?
My sons library shows the songs in them but when you click on the song it says it cannot locate original file. Is there any way to retrieve it
Its may be because they are moved or corrupt. I think you need to move the files from itouch to computer first and than re add them to library to use them. There are two ways to do this, using a software or without using a software(which is free but tricky). Let me know, which one you wants.