I have a Maxtor One Touch, and have tried to install it on…

Customer Question
I have a Maxtor One...
I have a Maxtor One Touch, and have tried to install it on a new computer (Windows XP). the serial of the drive is B206GL6H. The softwar that came with it is apparently HD 1.0.196, and seems to load OK, but when I ask for Dantz it gives me the openeing screen (Setup), but the selection is not responding.

Help.

Bob Buescher ([email protected])
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst

What is the status of the hard drive in device manager?

the computer recognizes the drive, its called "F".
Are you loading the software from a disc?

yes, the one that came with the drive. it appears to be version HD 1.0.196

PS: I don't wish to use the "one touch feature" only the Dantz Retrospect Express, as I like to have full backups of selected documents accessed with dated tags.

Dantz Retrospect Express is also on the same disc right?
yes - on installation it seems to install "one touch" then we finished, and left to "think" it starts to load Dantz
Instead of installing from the disc, can you move everything on the disc to a folder in your hard disc and try running the installer from there.

OK, I'll try it - I'll leave this window open - but if I have to restart the computer in the installation, how to I get you back?

I'll wait for your response before trying.

Click Ctrl + D to bookmark this page.

Later when you want to come back:

Open the browser >

Click on favorites >

Click on the earlier bookmarked link(you may need to log in again).

Let me know, how it goes.

I tried it. Same result when asking Retrospec to open - it took about 2 minutes to oen, and it did not react to pressing Setup block.

Tried opening by first asking One Touch to open, it did, but when when pressing setup, it tried to open Retrospect, and after the same long (2 minunted wait) had same screen show up with no response.

Go to device manager and let me know if there is any yellow mark beside the hard disc?

Also, let me know the operating system of your computer?

How do I access device manager - I forgot.

Also, I have to rush to a lunch appointment, so this is that last questions before I have to leave - and try to get you back later.

No problem, take your time.

Edited by Tech Specialist on 6/21/2010 at 3:16 PM EST

Im back.

I found Device Manager, and it had no yellow Marks but did have a series of "+" signs, one marked Maxtor Personal Storage Security, and when expanded had a Maxtor One touch on the list.

Incidently, while browing I found two entires in the Add or Remove list that said One Touch, but with no "size). I also found a Retrospect 1.0 with a 23.29 MB size

If it would help, I have no objection to your taking over my computer and saving us both time and trouble.

I would have also loved to do that, but JA policies does not allow remote assistance. Hope you understand.

Can you remove everything and start from scratch. Right-click on the device in the device manager and choose uninstall. After that, download and install revo uninstaller: http://tinyurl.com/ydjdzrn

Use it to completely uninstall One touch and Retrospect 1.0. While uninstalling using Revo, be sure to delete all the registry keys when it prompts to.

Now reinstall everything from the folder on the hard disc(Don't use disc)

Let me know, what happens.