I have a Dell that I am trying to reformat and I got to BIOS…

Customer Question
I have a Dell that...
I have a Dell that I am trying to reformat and I got to BIOS but it doesn't get to the place where I can ok a reformat.

After an hour last night I gave up but I still need to get this Dell going.

Is there anyone there who can continue to hel me???
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sibu, Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Sibu
Sibu, Support Specialist

Thanks for using JustAnswer

Reboot the computer and press CTRL + F11 to start recovery

Regards

Sibu

It still just says f1 to retry boot, f2 for setup utility

f1 won't do anything, f2 takes me to the same page (BIOS) and I cannot get it to do anything.

Just after reboot press and hold CTRL and press F11

I did, same results.

If I can't get it to continue with format is there a way to get back to the computer desktop?

I have been working on this for about 6 hours. I'm about to throw it in tomorrows trash. (just kidding)

Do you want to transfer data to desktop from laptop hard disk ??

No, this computer is so full of stuff, it takes it 5 min just to sign on. I am trying to clean out everything. I have saved all we might need. I have done my laptop before and everything went on schedule but this time I am stuck. I am a gr-grma and not real computer savvy, but I am usually good with directions.

DO YOU HAVE WINDOWS XP DISC ?

Yes, it is in the cd drive.

Reboot the computer and press F10 or F12 to start boot manager and select CD drive and enter

It also takes me to the f1 & f2 options from my 1st note

Okk
Do you have dell recovery disc ?

Dell System Software disk as well as Windows XP..yes

Put that system software disc and reboot
I ahve to reboot by pushing the button as I don't have access to the restart or anything else. OK Here goes
OKay

Still nothing. I am back on the BIOS Version page

Tha ctrl+F11 didn't work either.

I think I will give up for tonight. It is almost 1 am here. I will wait one more response from you

I am also out of ideas

I will opt out and open to other experts to help you

Can I get on for the same money tomorrow? Cause I am giving up on it for the night

Yes sure ..
Is there someone there who can continue to help me?
You will be notified by email when other expert joins you